Winter is definitely just around the corner, in fact, we even had our first dusting of #snow in the mountains overnight.
It's that time of year when you can feel the first chill in the air and that means the leaves are also turning in the mountains. Are you looking forward to the 2016–17 ski season, there are new and exciting things in store for skiers and riders. BIG stuff!
WHAT'S NEW AT UTAH RESORTS
- Even more improvements at The Bird! After spending $35 million on capital improvements last season, Snowbird rebuilt the Creekside Lodge. The lodge, located in Gad Valley at entry one, is currently undergoing massive reconstruction to triple the square footage of the building.
- Powder Mountain Resort continues to preserve its wide-open and uncrowded, vibe by capping ticket sales at 2,000 per day and establishing a limit of 3,000 season pass holders annually.
- Here’s some seriously BIG news out of Ogden Valley. The official opening of Whisper Ridge Cat Skiing is December 26th. If you’re looking for fresh backcountry tracks, luxury, and adventure, this is one to check out.
- Now this gets me excited because my son is currently a captain of a Pilatus-12, who knows, maybe he'll even be your pilot in the future. Montage Deer Valley launched a new Montage Expeditions program allowing guests to experience skiing the famed slopes of Deer Valley while celebrating the centennial of the National Parks in southern Utah all in one stay. Guests can take a break from skiing during their trip and take a once-in-a-lifetime day-trip adventure to southern Utah for a hiking or biking excursion led by a Montage guide, complete with private flight aboard a Pilatus-12 and a gourmet Chef-prepared lunch within one of four National Parks. If you aren’t familiar with the Pilatus-12, it’s one versatile and sexy airplane!
- Solitude Mountain Resort, now in its second year owned and operated by Deer Valley Resort, has renovated the Roundhouse and will be expanding the Himalayan and Wasatch-inspired mountain cuisine. With one of the best and sunniest views in the Wasatch, it is worth stopping by for lunch. Stein Eriksen Residences Model Home[/caption]
- The wait is over and this is the year to experience the new Stein Eriksen Residences, offering many of the traditions synonymous with its legendary namesake. A perfect blend of nature, amenities, and impeccable mountain terrain, the Residences present an incomparable lifestyle for active individuals and families who prize an authentic, luxury, alpine living experience. There are still a few opportunities to own at Stein Eriksen Residences, check the current listings at Stein Eriksen Residences.
- If you are skiing or riding at any of Vail Resorts, preferably Park City Mountain in Utah, get EpicMix. The app tracks your progress around the mountain, giving you vertical feet and lifts ridden, as well as a chance to hit goals, collect pins throughout the resort, and connect with family and friends. New this year at Park City Mountain, the app will also include EpicMix Time, which serves up real-time wait times at lifts across the mountain.
- From the Silver Pass to the EPIC Pass, there are plenty of season pass opportunities at all Utah resorts. Check out the full list at skiutah.com/passes
Looking for Park City Lodging Deals, check out these deals from Park City Resort Lodging, offering budget to luxury, including ski-in/ski-out at Resort Plaza Condominiums. Please let me know if I can assist with buying or selling Park City Real Estate. As an agent for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, I offer the highest levels in real estate expertise and professionalism. Tim Gaebe, 435.602.0657 email@example.com SEARCH THE PARK CITY MLS NOW I look forward to seeing your this winter. READ THE FULL BLOG POST COURTESY OF SKI UTAH