New Years Activities in Park City
Park City's New Year's Eve Celebration is a great way for you and all of your friends and family to kick-off your New Year's Eve celebrations. In addition to the fireworks show, enjoy fire pits, hot cocoa, and live music on the Canyons Village Stage. Lining up plans in Park City? Whether you're a local, new in town, or just passing through, you'll be sure to find something that piques your interest.
What’s Happening New Years in Park City?
- December 29th – Last Friday Gallery Stroll on Main Street – The Last Friday Gallery Stroll is a free community event that gives locals and Park City visitors alike the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while exploring Park City’s exciting art scene. During the Last Friday Gallery Stroll—6:00–9:00 p.m. on the last Friday of each month—members of the Park City Gallery Association offer a unique monthly showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits and art events.
- December 30-31 – The U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Ski Jumping & Nordic Combined at Utah Olympic Park
Saturday, December 30
9:30 AM (Doors Open at 8:30 AM)
9:40 AM – HS-100 Nordic Combined Trial Jump
10:10 AM – HS-100 Nordic Combined Jump
2:00 PM – Nordic Combined 10K
2:45 PM – Awards
Sunday, December 31
10:30 AM (Doors Open at 9:30 AM)
10:40 AM – Mens and Ladies Trial Jump
11:20 AM – Mens and Ladies Jump 1
12:01 – Mens and Ladies Jump 2
12:25 – Awards
- December 30th – Deer Valley Resort. Early revelers can head over to Deer Valley Resort’s annual Torchlight Parade on December 30, at dusk (5:30 pm). Skiers will dazzle with torches and “illuminating” moves. The parade takes place on Big Stick ski run on Bald Eagle Mountain. Prime viewing is from the deck area of Snow Park Lodge, where complimentary hot cider and cookies will be served from 5:45-6pm. This event is free to the public.
NEW THIS YEAR! In addition to our annual Torchlight Parade, December 30, Deer Valley Resort will start the evening with a children's walking Glowlight Parade led by the Deer Valley mascots down Wide West ski run from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m..
*No registration needed, open to the first 150 children 7 to 12 years of age in attendance
- Dec 31st – New Year’s Eve Celebration and Fireworks – The New Year’s Eve Celebration at Canyons Village kicks off at 3:00pm with live music and fun for the entire family! Family-friendly activities include a torchlight parade, live music and our massive fireworks display at 7:30pm. After an amazing firework display, join Park City Resort for a family friendly dinner and dancing at the Masquerade Ball in the Kokopelli Ballroom at the Grand Summit Hotel, in Canyons Village.
- December 31st – Rhiannon Giddens at the Eccles Center – PCI’s traditional New Year’s Eve show features multi-instrumentalist and GRAMMY-award winning singer Rhiannon Giddens. GET TICKETS
These days there are about a dozen bars, clubs, and old fashioned saloons in the historic district and each of them have a different vibe and lineup of entertainment. But that’s just on any old night of the week. When it comes to New Year’s Eve, the nightlife on Main Street is even better.
It wouldn’t be a New Year’s Eve post without mentioning that we want everyone to have a good night AND get home safely. Call a Lyft, Uber, cab, or get a friend to be a designated driver.
Have a Happy New Year 2018!