Sundance Film Festival January 18-28-2018
Sundance Image copyright protected - Park City Photography.com
The Sundance Film Festival is just a couple weeks away! Sundance is a 10-day festival is more than just movies, with town buzzing with concerts, parties, and celebrity sightings. Did you know it's also one of the best times to ski? The slopes are practically empty, while most of town is in a theater or sleeping in.
Got Lodging? Park City Resort Lodging has a few units still available for this popular, sold out event.
Here is some important information you may need to know about making the most of your Sundance Film Festival Experience in Park City.
The Schedule: The Sundance Film Festival runs from January 18th through the 28th, here you can find all the films by theater for each day - sundance.org/schedule
Tickets: Still need to buy tickets? They are going fast but you can sign up to purchase them here - sundance.org/gettickets
Getting Around Town: Driving and parking during Sundance can be a challenge. Below are a few resources to make transportation a little easier.
Between films or on your days off, Park City offers a wide variety of things to do including...
- Deer Valley® Resort – Deer Valley offers an exceptional skiing experience and off the mountain, Deer Valley® showcases daily live music and après.
- Park City Mountain – Park City Mountain offers the largest ski and snowboard resort in the United States. Off the mountain Park City Mountain showcases après events including live music, family friendly magicians, complimentary s’mores, balloon artists, and more!
- Park City Museum – Conveniently located in the heart of Main Street, the Park City Museum is dedicated to promoting, protecting, and preserving the rich history and heritage of Park City. From the mining days of old, to the current resort style community, the Park City Museum captures the past and present of Park City.
- Art Galleries – Take a stroll down Main Street and experience all the amazing Art Galleries that Park City has to offer. From the Trove Gallery, Terzian Gallery, Gallery MAR, and so many more…there is something for everyone on Main Street.
- Gorgoza Park – Looking for a fun activity the whole family can enjoy? Tubing is great for kids and for those who want to act like one. Lifts take you back to the top of the tubing lanes so you can enjoy the ride down without all the work. Most lanes are lighted, making tubing a great activity after the sun goes down. *Main photo credit
- Kimball Art Center – Kimball Art Center (KAC) is dedicated to providing arts access, education, engagement and experience to everyone. Through our exhibitions, educational arts programs and events, KAC provides a platform and a place for artists and arts enthusiasts to come together to explore, celebrate, develop and cherish the creative spark that lives within us all.
- Utah Olympic Park and Museum – Utah Olympic Park offers year-round adventure. From learning about the Park’s unique Olympic heritage on a guided tour to taking a ride of a lifetime on the Comet Bobsled Ride, Utah Olympic Park offers activities for all. Zip, climb, hike, and explore Olympic history! The world-class museum facility highlights the history of all skiing disciplines through interactive touch screen displays, videos, virtual reality ski theater, games and topographical maps. Visitors can also experience the glory of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games through a gallery of visual highlights and artifacts from the 2002 games.
- Shopping – Hit the Park City shops when the time comes (if ever) to take a break from all there is to do Park City, Utah. We're talking shopping for everything from handmade furniture, books and sportswear to art collectibles and Western antiques. Historic Main Street is lined with quaint shops and galleries, Redstone has boutique shops, and if you're in the mood for a brand-name bargains stop by Park City's popular Tanger Outlet Center.
Let me know if I can help with anything during your visit to Park City and the Sundance Film Festival.