In case you were wondering....We celebrate Labor Day as Miner’s Day in Park City.
Fun and funky, the annual Park City Miner’s Day parade down historic Main Street attracts marching bands and community floats as Park City celebrates its mining heritage. Put your blanket down on the curb with the kids and be ready for the fun. The parade begins around 11:00 a.m., just after the annual Running of the Balls down Main Street. The parade route runs the length of Main Street, before skipping over to Park Avenue and on down to City Park. Miners’ Day in Park City offers something for everyone, young and old. Enjoy a day in the park, a curbside spot for the parade and Running of the Balls or a spot in the bleachers for the legendary Mucking and Drilling Competition.
Monday, Sept. 3, 2018
- 7:30-9:30 a.m. – Miners’ Day Breakfast, City Park
- 8:00 a.m. – Miners’ Day 5k Run, City Park (bring your dog) Miners’ Day in Park City traditionally opens with the fun and unique Miners’ Day 5k, starting in City Park and looping through Park City’s trail network and finishing back in the park.
- 10:45 p.m. – Running of the Balls, Main Street (get there early to buy balls)
- 11:00 a.m. – Miners’ Day Parade, Main Street
- 12:00-2:00 p.m. – Barbeque Lunch, City Park
- 11:45 a.m. – Music in the Park: Changing Lanes Experience
- 12:00-4:00 p.m. – Fun in the park kids’ activities – Miners’ Day features an entire afternoon of fun for kids and the whole family in City Park from noon to 4:00 p.m.
- 12:30-1:00 p.m. – Kids Games, City Park . Miners’ Day features an entire afternoon of fun for kids and the whole family in City Park from noon to 4:00 p.m.
- 1:00-5:00 p.m. – Music, City Park Stage
- 2:00-3:30 p.m. – Mucking and Drilling Competition, City Park (across from library on Park Ave.) . Miner’s Day celebrates Park City’s mining heritage. Starting in the 19th century and continuing until just a few decades ago, Park City was an ore rich silver mining town. One of the highlights of the annual Miner’s Day celebration is the Mucking and Drilling competition. Competitors come from around the mountain west to compete in timed events that simulate the demanding work done in Park City’s silver mines.
- 2:45 p.m. – Music in the Park: Memphis McCool
- 3:00-6:00 p.m. – Skateboard Bowl Jam, Skateboard Park Miners’ Day in Park City wraps up each year with the Skateboard Bowl Jam in the City Park skate bowl. The contest features both open amateur and pro divisions.
- Nearly 10,000 balls will roll down historic Main Street at 10:45 a.m.
- The Running of the Balls location is on the middle of upper Main Street, finishing near the Post Office.
- Adopt a ball for just $5, or five balls for $20. Ask about special rates for $100!
- Winner’s will be posted in City Park by the Coke booth next to the band stand and on the Park City Miners’ Day website.
Happy Miner's Day